This is a follow up post for the part 1 I did here. As I mentioned,we styled 6 looks based around my friend Annatte’s lifestyle and some tips on plus size dressing. And the fun continues!
PLAYFUL & PERFECT:
We went with this playful little number and cinched it at the waist with a slim belt. Add black flats and a pastel bag as an unexpected accessory.
Dress – Thrifted
Bag-She bought it from a friend
NIGHT OUT :
I loved this night out look. If you dread body-hugging dresses,a skater skirt is the perfect way to go. You can opt for a coloured skater skirt and add an animal print belt,a clutch, fabulous accessories like a gold cuff and add some heels!
Skater skirt- Mr.price
COMFY CHIC :
We styled these black leggings with a pink long sleeved top and black flats. Simple as that. Annatte loves to lounge around the house in this outfit.
P.s : If you’re plus size, leggings with thicker material is better because they are more opaque. Also, when it comes to prints, it’s all about proportion. If you’re afraid of drawing attention to yourself, the smaller the print the better. But then again,rules are meant to be broken,right? 😀
I realized with plus size fashion it’s all about the fit. That’s the number one priority. Oversize clothing may be comfortable but may make you look bigger. Comfort is not equals baggy clothes! Don’t hide those beautiful curves under all those clothes. You can get comfortable sweats that still fit well.
Pink top- Mr.Price
More plus size myths:
- Plus size women should not wear bright colours…Wrong! We dressed Annatte in pink.
- Plus size women should not wear stilettos…Rock ’em honey! It depends on one’s choice and confidence. Also, stilettos elongate your legs. Although Ankle strap heels should maybe be avoided.
- Short skirts are too much…Yeah…No. How banging does Annatte look in her red skater skirt? 🙂
Which other plus size myths have you heard before?
Jumia has a plus size shop here. You can shop more:
- plus size dresses on Jumia here.
- These tops here are also of different sizes.
- These jumpsuits here also have you covered.
For my plus size readers, you can also follow the most stylish plus size blogger I know,hands down. She’s also among the most stylish bloggers out there! She’s called Tanesha. Find her website here.