As you know from my 3 previous posts, I’ve been in the US. But I’m back now! Today’s post is all about some of my experiences and a bucket load of photos! Here we go… 🙂
- The advanced transport network. Seriously. Why drive when you can zap from place to place in a train?
- Online shopping. So convenient and there’s a lot of stores to choose from. Hello amazon.com and target.com.
- Americans are some of the most humorous people I’ve met. Their ads are soo catchy.
- The sense of freedom. There people live and let live. Ever tried taking a photo in Nairobi ? Notice how the crowd grows larger and larger? 😀
- It is,a beautiful country. The photos below are proof.
- Dunkin Donuts! Gaaah…I drool when I think of that ‘Strawberry Coolatta’. Look it up!
- Huge malls with all the stores you can think of. I was like a toddler in a candy store.
- The stares and
sometimes treatmentyou get because of your skin colour.
- The standard of living is definitely much higher than here.Especially since the KSh is playing games. At some point it was Ksh.105 for 1 dollar.But if you keep converting dollars into KSh. in your head before you buy something, you’ll never buy anything. 😀
- The manner in which airport security treats you when leaving their country. They don’t search your bag when you’re watching. They take it out back and search it when you’re boarding,without your knowledge. So imagine my shock when I got a nice little note telling me they opened my suitcase
since scanning it was not enoughfor some reason. Mine was among the few opened. Maybe the thought I was carrying a tortoise or something. 😀
- The fact that they can’t understand what you’re saying if you speak in this Kenyan accent of ours. So I had an American accent for 3 weeks. 😀
- Some of the food. Those guys have invented food in all forms. Including powdered mashed potatoes. That comes in a sachet.Just add milk and you’re on your way to the ickiest mush of your life.
- Can we talk about the 18-hour trip? You get off on the other side with swollen feet and jet lag for days.
And now for the photos you’ve been waiting for.
Most of the photos I tool of NYC are not really photos. They’re videos. 🙂 Here’s my previous post for you to check out some of the photos.
Just a layover. 🙂
JOURNEY HOME !
Phew! That was a long one,wasn’t it? I can’t remember the specific names of some of the buildings and structures though… 🙁
Thanks for sticking around till the end. I’ll be uploading a video of the trip soon. So look out for that. 🙂
Have a fruitful week!