Hey once again! 🙂 Hope the Monday blues are not weighing you down. So today’s post is a bit different. It’s and outfit post but also, a ‘Thank You Speech’. So for the fashion part. I was going for a boho look with the floppy hat, necklace, lace crop top and palazzo pants. I got the palazzo pants a H&M but you can get some on jumia here. Jumia also has an assortment of cute lace tops here. The boho look is not complete without some chic sandals, right? Sandals complete the look! Get them here.
Now,although we didn’t win ‘Fashion Blogger of The Year’ at this year’s Kenya Fashion Awards I say thank you! As far as I know, voting closed officially on 21st of August and I had won. I was home free. But to my surprise, during the awards, my name was not the one that was read out. Funny,right? haha! Mummy and my sister even bought tickets to come support me…A whole KSh.4000 each… They could have used that somewhere else. Apparently, the organizers had extended the voting to 22nd of August and didn’t tell me. Why you ask? Beats me. So I went about my day, on Friday, Saturday… While other people are still gathering more votes and I was not. Obviously. Duh. It’s what you do when you’re sure voting has closed. Ghafla even acknowledged my win on the 21st haha! Oh well…C’est la vie, right? But in the words of Kenyan media during the last elections, ”Accept and move on” right? Right! I still say thank you! Read on…
1. To my sister, house help, better half, friends(even though some photos come out blurry) Thank you for taking my photos even when you really don’t want to. 😀
2.To my trusty tripod & camera, I don’t know what I would ever do if you ever got damaged. I’d probably have to save for like 5000 days for another one. 😀
3. To my significant other, thank you for not getting irritated after I’ve told you for the 10th time about my blog readership or how my Alexa Ranking is not moving up.
4. To my family, friends and fans who have supported me…Thank you for sharing my blog…Since, you know,people say when starting out you should share your blog with friends family and fools. 😀
5. To my dog, thank you for being there when I need a prop. 😀
6. To my computer…At least you crashed after I had saved all my blog photos to an external hard drive. At least.
7. To all my clothes, shoes and bags…I probably should thank you the most…Till I get new ones. 😀
8. To my website…You are pretty. But please don’t let malware affect you like that again. Okay ? 😀
9 To the brands I am yet to work with, thanks in advance. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Brain, thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule (of singing 24/7) to come up with content.
11. Winnie, the tech in us, you carry this team. I mean, working that Photoshop and NCH Videopad Video editor? Not an easy task.
Have a productive week! 🙂