I don’t know why, but for some reason Justin Bieber’s song ‘Sorry’ has been replaying in my head since yesterday. 😀 I think those girls in that video move so damn well. *starts practising dance moves for graduation after-party* Haha 😀 Anyway…
I’m graduating this Friday, December the 4th from University of Nairobi, School of Law. Apart from shopping for a dress(or two) and a pair of shoes(or two 😀 ) , it’s been a damn long road. I think I’ve learnt more about myself in the last 4 years than any other time. Everyone who’s been through the system knows how much uni makes you…or breaks you.
Here are some lessons I learnt during my time in Uni…
- Don’t kid yourself that you have 10 friends. Half of them don’t even know when your birthday is. You also probably don’t know theirs. Also, friends come and go.
- You won’t get along with everyone and that’s fine. Let’s just hope that these people we disagree with, won’t be in a panel interviewing us.
- Partying and having fun is great. But good grades are even better.
- But live a little. Those books will be there when you get back.
- It’s never too late to start again…Hello, Winnie The lawyer-turned-makeup-artist. Life may not go as planned.It has no formula. And that’s ok.
- While in uni, start thinking about your life after uni. Think investment, a secure future, how you’ll buy your first house, you know…The serious stuff. It’s funny how I always thought I’d be filthy rich when I was a kid. Right now, I don’t really know how exactly. Like how exactly I’ll get those millions and millions haha!
- I learnt, that I still have a lot to learn.
A lot has especially happened this last year. I mean, when I decided I want to be a make up artist and all.
I can’t believe just the other day I was a lost first year, asking for directions to the library, afraid to death of skipping class and being stuck doing group work with people I really didn’t like(‘didn’t like is an understatement) . Fast forward three years later.Fourth year dissertation(which I CANNOT WITH by the way) , attending class faithfully and classes being cancelled, so you decide that attending all the classes is for sissies 😀 . Also, petty drama…ain’t nobody gat time for that.
But uni has been great. It’s been a roller coaster but it’s been great. Class of 2015, here’s to you!! 🙂
Photography by @primephotografi